Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Hardware suggestions Please

Jump to solution
malcolmwatts
Contributor I

Hello community, I am new here.

Some time ago I purchased separate lots of 60x MCF52235CAL60, 25x MC9S08AW16CFUE and 25x MC9s12E128CPVE in 3rd-party sales. I would welcome suggestions on in-circuit programming hardware to use with CW special editions. I am an amateur only and my end-uses will be personal. I cannot afford expensive hardware. I have decades of experience in assembly language programming and particularly enjoy programming Motorola/Freescale machines in this fashion. I am not particularly interested in C programming although not entirely averse to it. Any suggestions on which hardware to purchase are welcome. I could spend hours trawling the web but don't have a lot of time. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please see the link below for hardware programming interface:

http://www.freescale.com/tools/embedded-software-and-tools/debuggers-and-programming-interfaces:HARD...

We also have another solution called OSBDM. It is an open source hardware/software/firmware design which provides low-speed debug communications for different Freescale processors. It is embedded within many of Freescale’s development board and tower cards. The OSBDM design is community supported and developed. For details about it, please review the webpage:

http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/osbdm_description.cfm

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the cheapest in circuit programmer is BDM multilink.

BDM Multilink In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer|Freescale

it works for S08/RS08, Coldfire v1 and  HCS12 BDM interface.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
malcolmwatts
Contributor I

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for your suggestion. It appears to be obsolete and

no longer available. Additionally it doesn't appear to deal with Coldfire 2

machines. I will have a look for alternatives and also cast an eye on

anything the open source community might have on offer. If I really had to I

could develop something myself but I want to avoid going that route as the

point of all this is to use the machines in projects as they arise without

spending a lot of extra time developing tools to use them. Should I be

forced to go that route however I would open-source them.

Regards,

Malcolm

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please see the link below for hardware programming interface:

http://www.freescale.com/tools/embedded-software-and-tools/debuggers-and-programming-interfaces:HARD...

We also have another solution called OSBDM. It is an open source hardware/software/firmware design which provides low-speed debug communications for different Freescale processors. It is embedded within many of Freescale’s development board and tower cards. The OSBDM design is community supported and developed. For details about it, please review the webpage:

http://www.pemicro.com/osbdm/osbdm_description.cfm

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos