Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frdm k64f build example fails

Jump to solution
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi there,

I am now trying several hours/days still trying to get the mqx hello example running on my frdm-k64f. Well, I am really at the end of my Latin.

I have:

windows 8

CW MCU v10.6 (installed)

Freescale_MQX_4_2 (installed)

I did:

1. went to the following folder

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\hello\build\cw10gcc\hello_frdmk64f

2. drag and droped "hello_frdmk64f.wsd" in to the codewarrior projects window

3. Selected "hello_frdmk64f | debug" and pressed the build button

Now:

- bsp_frdmk64f gets errors

- hello_frdmk64f gets errors

My wish:

Anyone who can tell me how I do better to get rid of that problem.

- Did I forget something?

- Do I have to start any package installer (according "Freescale MQX RTOS 4.1.0 FRDM-K64F Release Notes")? If so, how do I do that?

Maybe helpful informations:

- these errors only occur in the k64f examples, not in the others (e.g. twrk20d50m, twrk60d100m,..., they work properly!!)

- And yes, RTFM doesn't count any more -> I did!! ;-)

Best regards, Nik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Sol

Thank you for replying. Repairing it didn't remove the problem. Eventually I reinstalled bouth, the CW and MQX, which at least solved the problem on the windows 7 PC, but on the windows 8 PC. On the windows 8 system I already reinstalled it before and it didn't helped. Maybe I just do it again...

Thank you very much for your support!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

I compiled the bsp library successfully according to your steps. Could you double check it or try other demos?

Regardscompile.jpg

0 Kudos
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for response. You can find the errors below. I actually tried it even on an other pc with windows 7 and there it was just the same problem.

Additionaly I tried it with the Hello2 and GPIO example project and it happens just the same. These Projects work for other hardware but for the frdm-k64f!!

Fig5_having_errors.pngFig8_having_errors_after_building_the_hello_project_alone.png

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nik,

After check your video I think I found the issue. You need to build the MQX libraries (BSP & PSP) before you build the project.

In other words, please try to build the BSP then build the PSP and then build the project.

Please let me know if this helps,

have a nice day!

Regards

0 Kudos
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Soledad!

Thank you for having a look at my issue. According to the MQX_Getting_Started.pdf Section 2.1 NOTE, this shouldn't be necessarry anymore:

"...Prior to MQX RTOS 4.0, the PSP and BSP libraries had to be built before the other libraries. This is no longer required..."

But I also tried it the way you asked me to do (first BSP, then PSP and then hello_frdm_k64f), but unfortunately this ends up in the same errors. :smileysad:

Best regards, Nik

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nik,

MQX contains libraries BSP, PSP, Shell, USB, MFS, MCC, FFS, these libraries provide support for some applications. In your case you only need to build the BSP and PSP libraries, however it is necessary to build the libraries before to build the demo application or MQX example code.

As Daniel mention maybe there is some wrong in the k64 files, another solution is to run the MQX installer and select the option repair. After that please import again the .wsd file build the libraries and build the example.

pastedImage_0.png

Have a nice day!

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Sol

Thank you for replying. Repairing it didn't remove the problem. Eventually I reinstalled bouth, the CW and MQX, which at least solved the problem on the windows 7 PC, but on the windows 8 PC. On the windows 8 system I already reinstalled it before and it didn't helped. Maybe I just do it again...

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nic:

I think maybe you misunderstand the document

"...Prior to MQX RTOS 4.0, the PSP and BSP libraries had to be built before the other libraries. This is no longer required..."

It means PSP and BSP should not required to build before other libraries, not before demo application.

I can't reproduce your issue in my side, I think maybe there is something wrong with your K64 project setting files.

I suggest you make clean all, and manually delete C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\lib\*,

and manually copy the attached files to the below folder, and replace your files, and try to build  again.  These files are from my folder.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\hello\build\cw10gcc\hello_frdmk64f

Please backup your files before replacing.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
niklasroth
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your files. Unfortunately it didn't helped. It just ended up in other errors. At the end reinstalling the CW and MQX fixed the problem at least on the one PC with Windows 7, but on the other PC with Windows 8.

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niklas:

Can you show your error message here?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos