How to allocate bootloader address in I.MX28?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allocate bootloader address in I.MX28?

Jump to solution
eunseokjung
Contributor II

Hi, all.

I'm using I.MX28 processor and now i try to make bootloader.

What i understood that sb file has bootloader information. I think, sb file has address where bootloader is stored.

But i couldn't find information about this.

What i want to know is that bootloader address where the data is stored. And, how to change this address.

In my system, first bootloader address is 0x100000 (512page), and second bootloader is 0xA80000(5376page).

I want to change second bootloader address to 0x20000(1024page).

Do you have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

One of i.MX28 features is using special (safe boot, .sb) format of executable images, which

is applied when USB recovery (boot) mode is used. Here we can apply corresponding

tools to convert .elf file to the .sb. Please refer to  section 12.8 [Constructing Boot Image

(SB Files) to Be Loaded by ROM] of the i.MX28 Reference Manual.
Basically load addresses are provided by .elf file, so it is needed to rebuild .elf with

new linker options / file.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

One of i.MX28 features is using special (safe boot, .sb) format of executable images, which

is applied when USB recovery (boot) mode is used. Here we can apply corresponding

tools to convert .elf file to the .sb. Please refer to  section 12.8 [Constructing Boot Image

(SB Files) to Be Loaded by ROM] of the i.MX28 Reference Manual.
Basically load addresses are provided by .elf file, so it is needed to rebuild .elf with

new linker options / file.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos