Ethernet Port RESET timed out issue with P2041RDB NOR Flash Image came with board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Port RESET timed out issue with P2041RDB NOR Flash Image came with board

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hello,

I progrmmed NOR Flash with NOR Flash Image came with P2041RDB board. Board is booting fine but ethernet Interfaces are not working...(attached the screen shot) Please assist me.

Thanks  & Regards,

Veerendranath Jakkam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello veerendranath jakkam,

Please also update FMAN microcode, which should be compatible with u-boot image, you could get it from Linux SDK pre-built image ISO.

In addition, would you please provide the whole u-boot log? I want to check u-boot version information.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply,

where to get the updated " Linux SDK pre-built image ISO". Please provide the link. please check following images for uboot log.uboot log screen1.PNG

uboot log screen2.PNG

uboot log screen3 - error.PNG

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please download SDK 1.8 image ISO for E500MC platform from Linux® SDK for QorIQ Processors v1.8|Freescale, then program u-boot, ucode for CPU 2.0, and RCW for 5G.

Then under u-boot prompt, please provide the result of command "mii info" to get PHY info.

> mii info

PHY 0x00: OUI = 0x01C1, Model = 0x03, Rev = 0x01,  10baseT, HDX

PHY 0x01: OUI = 0x01C1, Model = 0x03, Rev = 0x01,  10baseT, HDX

PHY 0x02: OUI = 0x03F1, Model = 0x15, Rev = 0x01,  10baseT, HDX

PHY 0x03: OUI = 0x03F1, Model = 0x15, Rev = 0x01,  10baseT, HDX

PHY 0x04: OUI = 0x03F1, Model = 0x15, Rev = 0x01,  10baseT, HDX

PHY 0x1F: OUI = 0x0000, Model = 0x00, Rev = 0x00, 1000baseX, HDX

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

current NOR flash binary i am using is "QorIQ_SDK_V1.4_P2041RDB_20130625_NOR_Flash.bin"... but  when I boot the device with that binary file Ethernet ports are not working... where can I get latest version (i.e. SDK_V1.8) of NOR flash binary image?. In the link provided by you only ISO images are there...no NOR flash binary images available...

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could download the ISO "QorIQ SDK v1.8 PPCE500MC IMAGE yocto" from the above link, which contains the prebuilt image ISO.

Previously I suspect whether this problem is related with CPLD, because the CPLD version is 4.0 on our board farm boards, but on your target is CPLD 4.1. I verified SDK 1.4 u-boot on my P2040 target board with CPLD 4.1 without problem, I suggest you do the following.

Under u-boot, please use "mii info" command to check PHY information, if the result is abnormal, probably there is  quality problem, please submit a service request in our CRM system to require further assistance.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

hello Yiping,

I have updated the flash  with latest image(SDK1.8) as you instructed but still issue is not resolved. Please find the screen shots. you can find "mii info" command information also.

updated_sdk_uboot_screen1.PNG

updated_sdk_uboot_screen2.PNG

updated_sdk_uboot_screen3.PNG

Regards,

Veerendrnath

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the u-boot log, it looks that this is not a software problem, there should be hardware problem on this target board, please submit a service request in our internal CRM system for further assistance.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Please provide information regarding your Internal CRM system weblink and details I need to submit to raise a request...

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please create a service request from Sales and Support|Freescale .

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos