TPM and channel mode switch in KL04

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM and channel mode switch in KL04

KL04_user
Contributor II

As per the KL04 data sheet section 30.3.4 Channel (n) Status and Control (TPMx_CnSC)

"When switching from one channel mode to a different channel mode, the channel must first be disabled and this must be acknowledged in the LPTPM counter clock domain."

I understand, To achieve this

" bits MSnB:MSnA ELSnB:ELSnA need to be set to 0  first (to disable channel)

and then set to a different value for the new channel mode

and am able to do this.

what I don't get is this part "this must be acknowledged in the LPTPM counter clock domain".

How do I check that disabling of channel is acknowledged in the LPTPM counter clock domain? I cannot find any information on this. Any pointer to the right documentation is appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the sentence ""When switching from one channel mode to a different channel mode, the channel must first be disabled and this must be acknowledged in the LPTPM counter clock domain.", I think the "LPTPM counter domain" is the tick which can increase the FTM_CNT by one, in general, the rising edge of tick can increase the FTM_CNT by one. The above sentence means that the changed setting for the "MSnB:MSnA ELSnB:ELSnA" is valid only after the rising edge of tick clock. This is my opinion, hope it can help you.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos