Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my code size?

Jump to solution
neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Kinetis SDK 3.0 has a log file, GUI, console configuration that tell you what your

code size is?  How much is actually going to the processor?  If it doesn't have a feature that displays

this information, then how can I go about at least estimating how much code, between the SDK and

what I have written?

Thanks,

Neil

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

Please enable the "Print size" :

pastedImage_0.png

then build your project , you can see the code size on the "Console " window :

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

Please enable the "Print size" :

pastedImage_0.png

then build your project , you can see the code size on the "Console " window :

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

in addition to what Alice has provided:

1. This article explains the information produced by 'size' utility: text, data and bss: Code and Data Size Explained | MCU on Eclipse
  2. To know the code/data size for each file: Listing Code and Data Size for each Source File with GNU and Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Alice!

0 Kudos