Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning/Errors following Writing my first KSDK1.2 & Fats+SDHC demo

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Description

ResourcePathLocationType
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\drivers\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\hal\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\osa\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\system\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem

If I do a project clean, I get the above.

If I compile project, I get the following below.

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
fatal error: fsl_os_abstraction.h: No such file or directoryfsl_debug_console.h/K64_FatFs_KSDK_Test/SDK/platform/Utilitiesline 35C/C++ Problem
make: *** [SDK/platform/Utilities/fsl_debug_console.o] Error 1K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestC/C++ Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\drivers\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\hal\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\osa\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Freescale\KSDK1.2.0\platform\system\inc).K64_FatFs_KSDK_TestpathentryPath Entry Problem

Here is my folder structure:

75140_75140.jpgSnapShot.jpg

Here is my Include path inside Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross ARM C Compiler -> Includes

75141_75141.jpgSnapShot2.jpg

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Neil

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

efnlpz1010
Contributor I

Hello Neil,

I was wondering how did you make out with these warnings and errors.  I also am building the same project and keep getting errors but they seem to be from the include paths not found as you mentioned above.  Thanks for the help. 

Efrain

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Efrain,

This was one of my older post.  Currently, I transferred to KDS 3.1.0 and KSDK 2.0.  I have had a horrible time

everything that was working before, does not work now!  The reason for my upgrade was to get the new fatfs 0.11a

currently available which corrects a bunch of issues with the old fatfs.  Unfortunately, the file structure for the new

KDS 3.1.0 is different than the previous, which means the paths are different, among with how the folders look and

how subfolders are laid out.  To make things worse, the sample SD + FatFs that I was following from Jorge Gonzales

doesn't work out with the new SD or FatFs, things like OSA_int() is not recognize, GPIO_HAL_ReadPinInput(), just to

name a few.

On a better note, if you look at my latest post, I was able to compile a sample SD+fatfs 0.11a, your welcome to follow

along and see all the steps and questions I had to achieve a clean compile.  Now, when I tried bringing in my source

file with the calls, I figured everything would work, but unfortunately that is not the case.  I am still struggling getting over

that hump.

Unfortunately for me, my boss keeps pressuring me when I will be done, so I had to revert back to the older version, fix

a few things he wants, then jump back and see if I can make heads and tails of these new changes.

NXP/Freescale is lacking documentation on how to work with their drivers, how to initialize things, what path need to be

in place, how to integrate them, what functions need to be called, etc...   I am hoping this matter is resolved soon, so that everyone can benefit and move their product along.

If you follow my questions in the forum, I try to paste screenshots and detail my questions as best as possible, so that others can

also benefit and not have to struggle as much.  If you can follow what I did, it will avoid hours of research and instead use for developing.

Cheers,

Neil Porven

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Update,

I fixed some of the include paths, now I have the following:

SnapShot1.jpg

Here you can see that after compiling, I am still getting an X under board:

SnapShot2.jpg

Here I am displaying Problems, notice where it says: make: ***[SDK/Board/board.o] Error 1..........why is it Board/board.o

SnapShot3.jpg

Can someone pick up where the error is?

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Update,

I decided to trash the whole thing and start fresh using FatsF + SDHC demo, but omitting i2c and accelerometer stuff.

I got it to compile successfully, but now I am trying to run it and its giving me the following problem.

SnapShot4.jpg

I am connected to the OpenSDA port on the FRDM-K64F evaluation board and I am also connected

to the PE micro Multilink Universal on the JTAG connector.  I am not sure what's happening, why the

above is displaying, have someone seen this before?

By the way, I have to eval boards and both have the same behavior.

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Getting closer......

Ok, special note: in the Debug Configuration the target must be: K64FN1M0M12

if your using the FRDM-K64 eval board.

So, I am able to compile successfully a stripped out version of the FatsF + SDHC demo software!

I am running into an issue during debug, it seems that the debug session is not landing on a break point?

Yet there are no errors?

SnapShot5.jpg

If I click on the run icon, nothing seems to happen.

Now, for what I stripped out of the original code of the FatsF + SDHC demo:

I didn't want to use the accelerometer nor did I want to use I2C which I imagine is

what is being used to communicate to the accelerometer.

So, the following was left out:

fsl_fxos8700_driver.c

fsl_fxos8700_driver.h

fxos_def.h

fsl_i2c_irq.c

and since they were left out, then of course there is no need for:

/* Enable I2C pins */

configure_i2c_pins(BOARD_I2C_FXOS8700CQ_INSTANCE);        <---- Inside “hardware_init.c”

/* The i2c instance for the FXOS8700 accelerometer/magnetometer */

#define BOARD_I2C_FXOS8700CQ_INSTANCE 0                         <----- Inside “board.h”

In the main.h

// #include "fsl_fxos8700_driver.h"      <----- This was commented out

/* Initialize the FXOS8700CQ */

i2cModule.i2cInstance = BOARD_I2C_FXOS8700CQ_INSTANCE;

FXOS_Init(&i2cModule, NULL);                          <----------  Taken out

// Get new accelerometer data.

FXOS_ReadData(&i2cModule, &sensorData);

// Get the X and Y data from the sensor data structure.

xData = (int16_t)((sensorData.accelXMSB << 8) | sensorData.accelXLSB);

yData = (int16_t)((sensorData.accelYMSB << 8) | sensorData.accelYLSB);

zData = (int16_t)((sensorData.accelZMSB << 8) | sensorData.accelZLSB);

printf("\nx = %d y = %d z = %d\r\n", xData, yData, zData);                        <----------------- This block was also taken out

like I said above, the compiler seems to be happy and I am now not having an issue with

the paths.  I have a suspicion that it has to do with the board's hardware_init.c????

Need help.........

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Another Update,

So, after hours of comparison between what I was doing and the demo, I noticed a difference.

Under Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->Cross ARM C++ Linker->Miscellaneous

Other link flags: -pecs=rdimon.specs

I had changed it because I followed a video recommendation by BlackNight

Kinetis Design Studio Videos, Part 3: Debugging with Kinetis Design Studio

where he mentions that if your using semihosting this must be changed.

on the demo project that I copied by Jorge Gonzalez, I noticed it was set different

Other link flags: -specs = -specs=nosys.specs -specs=nano.specs

So, I changed it and now the stripped out version of the project works!!!

Is there documentation that explains how to use/what is Other link flags???

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos