Jump to ROM bootloader with RESET_b pin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to ROM bootloader with RESET_b pin?

joeygouly
Contributor IV

Hi all,

Is it possible to reset the MKL27256VHL4 to ROM bootloader by using the RESET_b pin?

I made a design but I only added a button/switch for RESET and not for NMI. (Originally for the MKL26Z which doesn't have a ROM bootloader)

Thanks!

Joey

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joey Gouly:

The KL27 is forced to boot from ROM if BOOTSRC_SEL = 11 and BOOTPIN_OPT = 1. These bits are loaded from FOPT space of the flash configuration field at address 0x40D. Check the chapter FOPT boot options in the Reference Manual for details. Since the value is in Flash, whose erased state is all 1's, then by default the device should boot from ROM. If that is not the case then it means that a custom value was programmed to the address 0x40D in flash.

Check your application's code or the binary just to confirm if something different than 0xFF is loaded to that space.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------