Development board for KL16 series question.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development board for KL16 series question.

ken_sloat
Contributor II

In a project I am working on I am considering a KL16 series device (MKL16Z32VLH4) as this project has a low power requirement. I also chose this specific device as it is currently supported by the KSDK. My question is regarding the development board for this device. According to the Freescale website, the development board is the FRDM-KL26 board. My question is, since this board is a slightly different L series micro (USB one), are we going to be able to start a processor expert project in KDS, start working on some code, and when we finally get our custom PCBs with the KL16 device, be able to easily switch over to the KL16 using the code we have developed?

Also, can the FRDM-KL26 board be used to as a programmer/debugger to target an off board KL16 device (on our custom board)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenneth,

>>Also, can the FRDM-KL26 board be used to as a programmer/debugger to target an off board KL16 device (on our custom board)?

Yes, need to populate J7, cu the trace on the back of J8 and popluate a header on J8:

pastedImage_1.png

See Using the Freescale Freedom (FRDM-KL43Z) to Debug other Boards | MCU on Eclipse

(same thing applies to the FRDM-KL26Z, only the Jx numbers are different).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos