Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SATA power save in i.MX6DQ.

keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear All,

Hello.

My customer want to save the power.

Refer to Table 11. SATA PHY Current Drain in IMX6DQCEC Rev.4.

[Q1]

What use case does our use these modes?

[Q2]

How should one set when setting P2: Powered-down state, only LOS and POR enabled?

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All these P0 (full power), P1 (also referred as PARTIAL) and P2 (also referred as SLUMBER) power modes are the regular ones, defined by SATA standard. The power state transitions between these modes are implemented in the SATA drivers of Freescale BSPs. If the customer uses their own proprietary OS, they have to implement these features in their SATA driver by accessing the controller on the hardware level. For more information, please ask them to refer to the Chapter 53 "Serial Advanced Technology Attachment Controller (SATA)", especially, to the Section 53.3.5.2 "Power Management Operations", of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual Rev.3 document, available on the i.MX6Dual/Quad Documentation web page:

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thank you for your reply.

My customer referred to the "53.3.5.2 Power Management Operations" and changed below register.

But, the Power mode didn't change.

- SATA_P0CMD [ICC] = 0X6

- SATA_P0CMD [ASP] = 0x1

- SATA_P0CMD [ALPE] = 0x1

-  SATA_P0CMD [APSTE] = 0x1

Which register should one set  to change the mode of "SATA Typical Power Consumption" in IMX6DQCEC?

Best Regards,
Keita

0 Kudos