cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1321x self clocked mode

fignon
Contributor I
Hello,
I'm using self clocked mode(SCM) with MC1321x. It works correctly but I don't understand how the ICGFLTU and ICGFLTL  register work.
Do you know where I can find a table where I can see ICDCLK frequency and the value of this register ?

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RickN
Contributor I
Hi Fignon,

I spent some time looking through the docs, and you are right that there is very little information on the settings for the Filter Registers (FLTU, FLTL).  I put in a service request and was unable to get the equation (mapping) for filter bits to clock frequency.  The default value of 0x0C0 maps to approximately 8MHz.  I was told to change the value and use a scope to see the result!   Basically you really don't want to use the self clocked mode (SCM) for much of anything.  Move over to FLL Engaged with the Internal Clock Source (FEI), and you have much better control of your MCU clocking.  You can trim the internal oscillator, and you have some choices of core clock speeds.   I recommend using the Internal Clock Source and going to FEI clock mode as an option for you.

Thanks,

Rick
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Fignon,

Im not an expert on this module, but the Mc1321x is simply just a HCS08 GT/GB60a and a radio.
You can find an application note for all your needs on the 8 bit microcontroller website.

E.g. is there one called  AN2496
Calibrating the MC9S08GB/GT Internal Clock Generator (ICG)  

I think that would help you - it even comes with source code examples.

For other application notes for 8 bit cpu's then have a look here :

BR,
Mads
0 Kudos

Mads
Contributor V
Hi,
All the documentation can be found here:

The ICG module is described in the Mc1321x reference manual.
(MC1321XRM)

BR,
Mads
0 Kudos

fignon
Contributor I
I have already read the MC1321XRM but I don't understand how varies ICDCLK frequency with ICGFLTU and ICGFLTL value.
Several tests show me it works but I don't know how.
Could you briefly explain to me how it work ?

Best regards.
fignon
0 Kudos