cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK24FN1M0VLQ12 ADC and DAC Voltage Reference anomaly

Jump to solution
PatrickD
Contributor II

Hello Fellows, I have recently been designing a data acquisition centric system based on the Kinetis MK24FN1M0VLQ12. Being a hardware engineer I have mostly, although not exclusively, referenced the device datasheet for design information. When implementing the ADCs and DACs, having briefly studied the topology, pinout and voltage referencing, it appeared practical that I could use a 3V0 voltage reference connected across the VREFH and VREFL (tied to AGND/0V) pins as the reference for both ADCs and DACs. A cursory perusal of the 'Kinetis K24F Sub-Family Data Sheet, Rev 3', Note 1, below table 32 apparently confirmed this, stating 'The DAC reference can be selected to be VDDA or VREFH'. When our software engineer began coding, he referred to the 'Kinetis K24F Sub-Family Reference Manual, Rev 2' section 3.7.3.4 12-bit DAC reference, the first sentence of which states 'For this device VREF_OUT and VDDA are selectable as the DAC reference'. This is clearly contradictory. Which version is correct?

Kind regards

Patrick

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

After I checked, the statement about the voltage selection of DAC module in the datasheet and reference manual is contradictory.

And I'd like to suggest that refer to the reference manual please.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patrick,

After I checked, the statement about the voltage selection of DAC module in the datasheet and reference manual is contradictory.

And I'd like to suggest that refer to the reference manual please.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos