DPAA Information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPAA Information

sharper
Contributor III

I have a few questions regarding DPAA that I cannot seem to locate the answers to.

I have checked the DPAA Reference Manual, Rev 2. Is this the latest revision of this documentation?

What is the difference between DPAA versions?

DPAA vs DPAA2 but also DPAA v3, DPAA v4, etc within DPAA.

What protocols can DPAA accelerate?

This DPAA Deep Dive Presentation:

http://www.nxp.com/files-static/training_pdf/FTF/2012/americas/WBNR_FTF12_NET_F0155.pdf 

on slide 55 (Security Block – Version 5.0) lists protocols supported by the security block.

Is there another resource where similar/more information can be found?

Is the DPAA software interface based upon a standard?

It is my understanding that DPAA2 has kernel level and userspace drivers/libraries in standard C that expose an API for programming.

What is the equivalent for DPAA if there is one?

Where can this documentation be found?

What accounts for the Forward Performance difference between the P and T series processors?

Presumably the addition of DPAA but I cannot find this explicitly stated anywhere.

Thank you for the support!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen Harper,

1. I think you mean DPAA user manual version Rev2, Rev 3.

DPAA2 is is Freescale's 2nd generation Data Path Acceleration Architecture, it abstracts and simplifies resource initialization and use, while simultaneously increasing SoC flexibility and performance, the architecture is much different from DPAA1, including WRIOP, AIOP, QBman, DCE, PME, SEC, etc Hardware accelerators.

DPAA2 is just brought in LS2085, QorIQ P, T and LS1043 use DPAA1.

2. You could refer to the SEC Reference Manual for each platform. For example, you could download T4240 SEC user manual from https://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/preDownload.jsp?render=true .

3. Expect DPAA drivers in Linux Kernel, Linux SDK also provides user space drivers in USDPAA.

USDPAA is a software framework that permits Linux user space applications to directly access the DPAA queue and buffer manager software portals in a highper formance manner.

You could refer to USDPAA APIs introduction from QorIQ SDK 1.8 documentation->Linux User Space->USDPAA->USDPAA components->QMan and BMan drivers and C APIs from Freescale Technical Information Center .

For Linux Kernel DPAA driver introduction, you could refer to Linux Kernel Driver->Ethernet(DPAA).

4. Not sure which platform you concern about, for example compared T4240 with P4080, for small frame size packets(64, 128, 256Bytes), 1Core IP forwarding performance is nearly double.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos