cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C using DMA

tapiepierre
Contributor III

Hi Freescale community,

I use Kinetis Design studio 2.0.0, MQX KSDK 1.0.0 with Processor expert, (uc MK64F),

I would like to implement I2C communication using DMA, someone have an example of implementation ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello PE,

First of all, I would like to recommend to migrate to newer versions (Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0, and KSDK 1.2) because they have some improvments in comparison with older ones.

Unfortunately, in KSDK 1.2, there is only one example that uses I2C and MQX withouth eDMA support, you can look at this in

<KSDK_1_2_PATH>/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/i2c_rtos/i2c_rtos_mqx/kds

You can follow this guide How To: Create an MQX RTOS for KSDK project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE to add PEx support and then migrate code located in i2c_rtos_mqx example in order to have MQX + I2C + PEx, only remaining to add eDMA support.

I hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

tapiepierre
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for your answer,

I have already created a MQX KSDK project with several components,

I tested and evaluated the I2C communication by interrupt, but now I want to test and evaluate by using DMA,

I have some idea to implement I2C communication using DMA, but I would like to compare with an other code for sure that my implementation is properly.

someone have an example of implementation or some advices ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Pierre-Etienne TAPIE

0 Kudos