cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the PEmicro cyclone max rev.B as a stand-alone programmer

Jump to solution
jorgesierra
Contributor II

I am currently using the cyclone max as a stand alone programmer to program coldfire processors, I would like to do the same with the Kinetis processors. I have not been able to achieve this feat because I am always getting an error 7. The goal is to program a TWR-K21D50M without using an IDE to do so.

P.S. The cyclone is in good working condition because I can still program the coldfire.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the so later reply.

It need to download P&E Cyclone Max software(P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 ) from P&E website.

Then it will using "Cyclone Max Image Creation Utility" software to create the image and then download this image to Cyclone Max.

More detailed info about how to use this software please refer chapter 4 of <<Cyclone Max User Manual>> attached.

After the image programmed into Cyclone Max, then customer can press the START button to execute the tasks pre-configured into the Cyclone Max.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Ma Hui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jorgesierra
Contributor II

I believe I have misdirected this question. I should ask the people at PE micro about this.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the so later reply.

It need to download P&E Cyclone Max software(P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 ) from P&E website.

Then it will using "Cyclone Max Image Creation Utility" software to create the image and then download this image to Cyclone Max.

More detailed info about how to use this software please refer chapter 4 of <<Cyclone Max User Manual>> attached.

After the image programmed into Cyclone Max, then customer can press the START button to execute the tasks pre-configured into the Cyclone Max.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Ma Hui

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check P&E company and purchase the [Cyclone MAX JTAG/SWD Adapter] tool from below link:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - Cyclone MAX JTAG/SWD Adapter - Cyclone MAX adapter module, provides mini...

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jorgesierra
Contributor II

I already have the hardware. I wanted to know how to configure it to program a kinetis mcu

0 Kudos