Urgent Issue regarding Mc68HC908JK8CPE..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Issue regarding Mc68HC908JK8CPE..

Deepak1
Contributor IV
Dear Sir,
We are facing one problem,Reason is ERASING data of programmed device.Actually After downloading the S19 file into the device we are checking the unit is working properly or not  as per specification.Then after sending to customer place some of the units which are not working are coming back for analysis.So after analysis we checked Hardware,We found that no out put from device.So i read the device.It is totally Blank.We surprised All Units are working ok before sending in my company,then how the data is corrupted? We are not understanding How the device data is erased.
Please tell me what are the reasons for data corruption,so that we can modify out H/w & S/w,
Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Ake
Contributor II
Hi,
It seems that you have got an non-protected Flash EPROM.
If you have not used the FLBPR register, then it could be the problem.

If your code is written in assembler, then add
 org $ffcf
 dc.b 0            ;protects from erasure and writes

or in C

const byte FLBPR_INIT @0x0000FFCF = 0;  //everything protected

If you are using the Flash EPROM as an EEPROM, look at section 2.12 on what to set the FLBPR to.     
Regards,
Ake
0 Kudos

Deepak1
Contributor IV
I have already defined ,
const unsigned char FLBPR_INIT@0x0000FFCF = 0x00;
any further causes so that i can check.
Thanks for reply

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
First of all does your device have any in-field programming ability?
Perhaps the code that does this failed some how.

If the device has truly gone total blank and you are 100% sure it was programmed, you might question your programming method and see if there is something not right with, because even if you protect it, it can still be erased, either on purpose or due to incorrect programming.

Please also make this points clear:
Is the device totally blank or random data?
You mention both totally blank and data corruption.

Are you able to re-program them?
What are the stresses at the customer site - specifically is that a hi or lo temperature situation?
Are you able to reproduce failure?

0 Kudos

Deepak1
Contributor IV
Dear all,
we are full product developer,after supplying to customer there is no any in-field programming ability.
I am performing these steps while programming the device with P & E cyclone pro stand alone programmer,
1)choose algorithm
2)Specify S- record
3)Erease module,
4)Blank check module,
5)program module,
6)verify checksum
Also those space are not in use are filled with 0x83.
After all these we are doing 100% testing of all units wheather it is working or not. Then n then only we are sending to customer.
Those IC's are faulty i tried to read by following procedure
"Yes, you need to go into the debugger.
I prefer to run the"True-Time Simulator & Real Time Debugger" independantly. You can do this by running hiwave.exe from the prog directory under your codewarrior install directory.
Once in here, use the menus to establish connection.
When you have a connection there will be a menu named after the connection.
Under here you can choose the "Expert Programmer Mode".
Now you have the normal P&E programmer.
You can get this for HC08 as a seperate programme from pemicro.com
In here you can see the varios options like verify and upload module."
I read failure IC's & found is all location filled with "AD".What this ??? then tried with fresh blank IC then also it shows "AD".After this i tested with OK IC's it show some data may be it is hex data. So i conclude that those IC's are blank it is showing "AD" & those are OK it will shows hex data.
So those are failure IC's ,again i reprogrammed it works fine.
Please help me resolve my problem
Thanks to all

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Deepak,

Well if the entire module is reading as AD how did you gain access to the device with out using a security code of all AD's?
Just to humour myself and as I had my MON08 programmer right in front of me I did an "Upload Module of a JK1 device straight out of the tube after gaining access via an all FF security code. The S19 showed that indeed it was all FF's.
I don't know why your getting AD but I would be looking hard at your programmer if your reading all AD on a fresh part.
What sec code did you use to gain entry?

0 Kudos

Deepak1
Contributor IV
Hi,
To read the device i am using hiwave.exe. & when the connection manager window i am choosing ignore security bits,
Can anybody tell me why it is erasing the device ,is any stack issue. If so i have stack size is 0x5E & programme size is 5k.
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV
Hi Deepak,

You _MUST_ pass security with these devices in order to read the FLASH over the MON08 connection.
Simply choosing to ignore security will only get you in so far to allow a mass erase to be performed.
You must enter the security bytes that you can determine from the code you know is in there. Or, if you suspect it is blank use all FF's.

Have you tried to do this on a known good part to confirm that your method for checking the flash contents is valid?

0 Kudos