Detecting the presense of a ZStar remote board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting the presense of a ZStar remote board

GRoston
Contributor I
I have written a test applicaiton in VB.NET 2005 to use the ZStar boards. Other than what I believe to be a bug in the Port.Read command (for which I have a work-around), everything is working well. My question is this: How do I query the stick to determine if the sensor board is present? It seems that once data has been received from the remote board, the 'V' command will keep returning the last vaues received from the sensor baord. In fact, the 'r' command seems to return 'z', even once the sensor board is turned off.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi, new ZStar firmware support this and others features. But on old ZStar board you can check differencies between last measured and new valeus and if it same for 1-5s then sensor board is disconected.

Gargy
0 Kudos

GRoston
Contributor I
Gargy,

Thanks for the reply. The firmware version I am running is this:

10bit version (FCC)
$Version: 1.0.48.0$
$Date: Nov-14-2006$
$Author: r30323$

Questions:
1 - Is this the 'new ZStar firmware' of which oyu speak? If not, how can I update the firmware?
2 - If this is the newer firmware, would you please provide more information regarding how I can determine if the sensor board is present.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,
 version that you have is original sw version. New isn't released, yet. Freescale going to release it in first half of this year (I hope in April).

New version will support up to 16 sensors boards and will has a lot of new commands on USB protocol.

Have a nice day Gargy
0 Kudos