dsp  and the microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsp  and the microcontroller

cpo
Contributor I
Some years back (1990s?), Motorola, as it then was, produced a fine manual that they distributed with the MC68HC16 development kit. It was called 'Digital Signal Processing and The Microcontroller'. Does anyone have a copy that they no longer need, or can point me to where I might obtain one.  The authors were Mark McQuilken and James P. LeBlanc.    Many thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Did you try google? I get lots of hits.
Looks like it will cost you about 100.00 from amazon used...

Message Edited by JimDon on 2008-01-17 03:31 PM
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Well this one was published by Motorola University, so maybe you (or your source) got the authors name wrong.
Pretty unlikely (though possible, I suppose) Motorola would publish two books with the exact same title.
Perhaps this book is based on a papaer they wrote, but you would think they would get autohor credit.
Further, there is no reference to ANY books by Mark McQuilken and James P. LeBlanc, except on a very old new group from 1995. I am will to bet he got it wrong, and this is the book that was in the kit.

Also, this book got excellent reviews, now I want a copy.

Message Edited by JimDon on 2008-01-17 04:24 PM
0 Kudos

allawtterb
Contributor IV
If you are sure that those are the authors you could always contact one of them.  I believe this is the James P. LeBlanc that you are referring to:
http://www.ltu.se/csee/research/signalbehandling

0 Kudos

cpo
Contributor I
Thanks for that link. He is definitely one of the Authors, as is the other person I sited.... I have a copy of the book in front of me, but require a second copy. I will sent out a quiet enquiry to him.
0 Kudos

cpo
Contributor I
Thanks for your response... Amazon search shows the right title, but a different author. This book has no ISBN number. As far as I'm aware it was never for sale but put out by Motorola as a primer for would-be DSP engineers.
0 Kudos