cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Program/Erase Cycles

Jump to solution
ignisuti_
Contributor IV

Can someone please tell me the minimum number of Program/Erase cycles for the Kinetis MCU Flash? Specifically, I'm using the KW2x. I want to avoid the EEPROM/FlexNVM option simply because it's not supported in the 512-byte MCU which we may be using in the near future.

I've researched this online and found general documentation suggesting 10k-100k cycles should be expected. Is that the same across all Flash, or would each MCU be different?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe

Normally the Program/Erase cycles for the flash is defined by the technology used to create the flash, for the kinetis w family we have this information on the data sheet

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Vicente

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe

Normally the Program/Erase cycles for the flash is defined by the technology used to create the flash, for the kinetis w family we have this information on the data sheet

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Vicente

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos