AnsweredAssumed Answered

amd-gpu-bin-mx51 libGLESv2.so linking error

Question asked by Vyacheslav Matyushin on Sep 3, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 by Bio_TICFSL

Hi!

I have a RSB4210 board (i.MX536) from Advantech running Linux 2.6.35.3.

I am building Qt 5.5 using Ubuntu 14.04 rootfs and gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf compilter.

I want to use EGLFS backend which requires OpenGL ES libraries.

I've downloaded amd-gpu-bin-mx51 (and unpacked to my rootfs) libraries from here:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX53_LINUX_1109_BSP_PATCH&appType=license&location=null&Parent_nodeId…

But when I try to configure Qt, I get the following error:

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add(int volatile*, int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `__aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `std::string::assign(std::string const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `std::string::_Rep::_M_destroy(std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `std::string::resize(unsigned int, char)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

...path/to/rootfs/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'

[... and lots of other undefined references]

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I suspect that those libraries from amd-gpu-bin-mx51 archive are not compatible with new glibc from ubuntu 14.04.

Is there an updated version of those libraries? The version I found on Freescale site is from 2011.

Or is there a way to work around this error?

Thanks!

Outcomes