cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ucc_uart loopback test

naveennaga
Contributor I

Hi ,

I want to do loopback test for ucc uart in the p1025rbd board. I configured ucc3 and ucc7 for ucc_uart. In the ucc_uart.c code i am enabled "LOOPBACK" macro . Inserting the ucc_uart.ko module , two dev nodes where created ttyQE0 and ttyQE1 .

With user space application program im trying to write and read the data for loopback test. But it didnt worked. For loopback how the terimos is to be configured and  any sample code for read and write.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following page:

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/index.jsp?topic=%2FQORIQSDK%2F2151457.html

Test UCC loopback mode using UCC UART setting from this page.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

naveennaga
Contributor I

Hi,

In the ucc_uart.c driver they have given option for soft-uart . I'm enabled the soft-uart mode in dts and during probe call back function call im getting the error "ucc_uart ffe82600.ucc: unknown CPU model" can you tell which lines need to be added in dts for solving this.

How does the normal uart differ from soft-uart ?

0 Kudos