cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use more SD card space

joão
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm starting to work with the IMX53 QSB and tried to mount the Ubuntu Image on a 32GB SD card, in order to avoid problems from the lack of space (had a few with the 4GB card that came with the board). I had the image built sucessfully but when I ran the SD card on the board, the full size was still 4GB.

Is there a way to use the remaining available space or will the image always create a 4GB disk, regarless of the capacity of the SD card?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

João Ramos

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can expand the Root File System partition up to the size of the SD card after creating it. An option could be using the gparted application on Ubuntu computer. On this application, first you should unmount the partitions, and then you could move the start/end of each partition.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos