cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240qds rev2 fmc usdpaa can not start

harryliu
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using linux sdk1.5 and linux kernel version is 3.4.91.

The board has two two 1Gports.

I use usdpaa dtb file to boot the target.

When I runs the command   "fmc -s Soft_FragParser.xml -p asf-pcd.xml -c cfg.xml -a", it fails with the following err.

root@localhost:~# fmc -s Soft_FragParser.xml -p asf-pcd.xml -c cfg.xml -a     

2015 Sep  1 10:17:43 localhost cpu16: ! MAJOR FM-Port Error [CPU16, /pek-lpd-susbld13/jliu7-1/LIN5-fsl-t4xxx/bitbake_build/tmp/work/fsl_t4xxx-wrs-linux/linux-windriver-3.4-r0/linux/drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/Peripherals/FM/Port/fm_port.c:1120 SetPcd]: Invalid State;

2015 Sep  1 10:17:43 localhost cpu16: VSPE is not at port level

2015 Sep  1 10:17:43 localhost cpu16:

2015 Sep  1 10:17:44 localhost cpu7: ! MAJOR FM-Port Error [CPU07, /pek-lpd-susbld13/jliu7-1/LIN5-fsl-t4xxx/bitbake_build/tmp/work/fsl_t4xxx-wrs-linux/linux-windriver-3.4-r0/linux/drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/Peripherals/FM/Port/fm_port.c:4354 FM_PORT_SetPCD]: Invalid State;

2015 Sep  1 10:17:44 localhost cpu7:

ERR : Invocation of FM_PORT_SetPCD for fm1/port/1G/4 failed with error code 0x00010013

ERR : Invocation of FM_PCD_Disable for fm0/pcd failed with error code 0x00010028

2015 Sep  1 10:17:44 localhost cpu7: ! MINOR FM Error [CPU07, /pek-lpd-susbld13/jliu7-1/LIN5-fsl-t4xxx/bitbake_build/tmp/work/fsl_t4xxx-wrs-linux/linux-windriver-3.4-r0/linux/drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/src/wrapper/lnxwrp_ioctls_fm.c:4381 LnxwrpFmPortIOCTL]: Invalid Operation;

2015 Sep  1 10:17:44 localhost cpu7: IOCTL FM PORT

The xml used is not the xml file under /usr/etc. Is this allowed?

Please help me to check if the xml files are correct. Does I miss something?

But if I delete all vsp related lines in asf-pcd.xml, everything seems ok.

I attached the fmc error log, the uboot startup log, environment variables in uboot and all xml files.

I also attached the revised asf-pcd.xml file.

Thanks!

Liu Jian

Original Attachment has been moved to: fmc.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: uboot.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: asf-pcd__modified.xml.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: xmlfiles.tar.bz2

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Liu Jian,

First please don't use ASF under USDPAA, ASF implementation is compiled as Kernel dynamic loadable modules plugged into Linux stack, packets are snooped from the Linux network device driver to the ASF data path module. USDPAA is a software framework that permits Linux user space applications to directly access the DPAA queue and buffer manager software portals in a high performance manner. Their architectures are not compatible.

Virtual Storage profile is supported since FMAN 3.0 based on T4/B4, but when using this function, you need to enable corresponding registers by adding a node in chosen node in the dts file, please refer to the following.

chosen {
name = "chosen";

dpaa-extended-args {
                fman0-extd-args {
                            cell-index = <0>;
                            compatible = "fsl,fman-extended-args";
                            dma-aid-mode = "port";
                            fman0_rx5-extd-args {
                                    cell-index = <5>;
                                    compatible = "fsl,fman-port-1g-rx-extended-args";
                                    /* Define Virtual storage profile */
                                  /* <number of profiles, default profile id> */
                                  vsp-window = <3 0>;
                          };

};
                };
};

You could refer to the dts file located in the folder drivers/staging/fsl_dpa_offload/dts/ of Linux Kernel source.

In addition, I suggest you refer to USDPAA reassembly_demo user manual from QorIQ SDK 1.8 Documentation->Linux User Space->USDPAA Applications->DPAA Offloading Applications User Guide->Manipulating the reassembly_demo from Freescale Technical Information Center .

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harryliu
Contributor I

Hi Yiping,

Thanks very much for your help.

ASF is not used though the name contains it.

I revise the dts file and try again. But the problem still exists. It seems that vsp is not configured correctly.

I read the document you provided. But it seems not to be helpful. It does not provide how to configure dts.

I attached the dts files.

Do you have any ideas to help me debug?

Any clue will be very appreciated.

Regards!

Liu Jian

0 Kudos

harryliu
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there anyone who can give me any ideas or give me some document?

I checked the doc that Yiping provided. But it is not so detail and I can not understand how to configure VSP.

Thanks very much!

Liu Jian

0 Kudos

harryliu
Contributor I

Hi,

Can anyone give any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Liu Jian

0 Kudos