AnsweredAssumed Answered

TRK-MPC5606B flash programming with RAppId Boot Loader Utility fails

Question asked by stephan morgenstern on Sep 1, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 by Petr Stancik

Hello,

I tried to flash the evaluation board TRK-MPC5606B as described with the RAppId Boot Loader Utility, but for some reason it doesn't work.

External power 12VDC, Jumper settings (SBC_5V, J17 1-2, J18 2-3, J7 1-2, J8 1-2) as described in the corresponding training manual.

Settings: Serial Port, COM9 verified in Device Manager, baud rate 9600

BAM Status: enabled, default password

That's the first discrapency with the description because it says password 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, but if I am using this the communication stops right away with any of these messages: "Loss Communication with BAM at Start Address. Timeout ...", or "Initialization Error with BAM. Check Password or Verify Boot Configuration Setting ABS2=1, ABS1=0, FAB=1. Please cycle power and try again."

If I am using the "default password" the boot loading at least proceeds and seems to work (progress indication increases "BTL 0% to BTL 100 %" then "Init") but then I get the following error message "Loss Communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again. Timeout ...".

I get the same results also when I attempt to flash the delivered example files "Training_LED_Example.mot" or "FSK_LED_Example.mot" (code range "auto read").

Any help appreciated. Regards

Outcomes