Not able to compile particular source code to x86 while cross compiling to powerpc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to compile particular source code to x86 while cross compiling to powerpc

vigneshr
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm cross compiling an third party source code to powerpc platform by writing an bitbake file. In third party source code for an particular directory alone I need to compile it for x86 since it need to generate binary to execute in x86 system.

So I replaced the env variable in the script of that directory, setting host env, and also exported shell env  variables to x86.

But even after replacing the env variables, while compiling it is taking as powerpc only.

I have tried all different possible ways, but whatever the changes I did, while compilation its got replaced with powerpc.

Im not sure where I miss the stuff..

Can anyone help me in this ??

FYI below is my bbfile,

##########################################################

DESCRIPTION = "Thirdparty source code"

LICENSE = "Apache license"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=ffsfdf7hmgc7db22bbabf6h8787667df"

DEPENDS = "python-scons-native git python wget gcc patch make autoconf automake vim python-lxml unzip flex bison openssl protobuf tbb libipfix librdkafka"

inherit autotools

do_fetch() {

cd ${WORKDIR}/source-2.20

repo init path

repo sync

}

do_compile() {

cd ${WORKDIR}/source-2.20/

compile source

}

##########################################################

--thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I guess this is still related to env variables. I think you could refer to the environment-setup-<core> file in freescale toolchain, to check those related env variables one by one, if they are set correctly for x86 or still as in the file for ppc.

Regards

0 Kudos

vigneshr
Contributor III

Hi  lunminliang,

Thanks for you suggestion. I have tried exporting the environment variable file in freescale toolchain and compiled my source code. But still it is giving the same issue. It  is giving issue. It is taking as powerpc only. Not as x86 as I have mentioned in the environment file. What change should be done ??

0 Kudos