KSDK 1.2.0 with Processor expert 10.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK 1.2.0 with Processor expert 10.4

Kewal
Contributor IV

I am having trouble getting the KSDK option enabled when i run the project wizard. ofcourse, it says we need to install the update from the tools folder. While applying the update there is an error which says freescale module is missing. I read through other mail threads which says it would work with KDS 3.0 but is there anyways that we can sitll use 10. 4 and get that ksdk option enabled?

thanks,

Kewal

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kewal,

Kinetis SDK requires Processor Expert for Kinetis v3.0.0 or later. This is included in Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0, and Kinetis Design Studio can be used as the successor/replacement of Driver Suite 10.4 (e.g. with IAR and Keil, Using Kinetis Design Studio with IAR Embedded Workbench IDE). There are currently no plans for a new Driver Suite release, as everything (with the exception of Vybrid) can be done with KDS v3.0.0 instead.

I hope this helps,

Erich

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kewal Deshpande:

Unfortunately Processor Expert Driver Suite does not support Kinetis SDK v1.2 and I don't know of any plans to implement it.

You can however use KDS v3.0.0 to generate Processor Expert projects for IAR or Keil, having the same functionality as with Driver Suite.

There is also the option to install the plugin "Processor Expert for Kinetis v3.0" to an existing Eclipse installation. You can download it from next link:

Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Dr|Freescale

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos