How to program my FRDM-KL46Z on CodeWarrior ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program my FRDM-KL46Z on CodeWarrior ?

Jump to solution
marcossantos-ee
Contributor II

Hi there folks, I'm from Brazil and recently I bought this MCU FRDM-KL46Z  256 Kinetis L and I'm having some troubles with it. First the ball, is CodeWarrior the best IDE to program this board ? Second, It's my first time programming on Codewarrior IDE, and I know nothing how to create the code, despite of I programming C language, but I dont know the functions that work on the board. How can I know them ? What is it Processor Expert? I tried to use it but even that is pretty simple, I couldn't do this work on the board. Someone here could help me please ? I just want to know the steps from create the project and programming, to compile and debugging.

Ps: I tried to debugging with OpenSDA using the Debug from P&E, but the code don't worked. But I think it's the smaller of my problems

Ps2: On freescale's Website, they provides that pre-compiled examples, that have .srec extension. It's pretty simple just to drag and drop it on the device ;DDDD. How am I save my program on this extension ?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satos,

(1) There also have an IDE KDS ,  its free , and in the future, all of the support of the kinetis will design on  KDS .

you can download it here :

https://freescale.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/product?entitlementId=123588587&lineNum=1&authC...

(2) On CW, create and build project you can refer to :   ..\ Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\Quick_Start_for_Microcontrollers.pdf

and  "Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\AN4902.pdf"

About PE, you can refer to : \Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\ProcessorExpertHelp.pdf

(3) About example , for example , about the ADC ,after you create a project ,add ADC component , then you can refer to the "Typical Usage"

of help on component : (CW and KDS all have )

pastedImage_6.png

If you still have any question , please contact us !

Hope it helps

Alice

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satos,

(1) There also have an IDE KDS ,  its free , and in the future, all of the support of the kinetis will design on  KDS .

you can download it here :

https://freescale.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/product?entitlementId=123588587&lineNum=1&authC...

(2) On CW, create and build project you can refer to :   ..\ Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\Quick_Start_for_Microcontrollers.pdf

and  "Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\AN4902.pdf"

About PE, you can refer to : \Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\ProcessorExpertHelp.pdf

(3) About example , for example , about the ADC ,after you create a project ,add ADC component , then you can refer to the "Typical Usage"

of help on component : (CW and KDS all have )

pastedImage_6.png

If you still have any question , please contact us !

Hope it helps

Alice

marcossantos-ee
Contributor II

Wow, you anwser  all my questions D: hahahahhaa

thanks I'll try it all.

0 Kudos