cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new IAR project for K64 processor with LwIP + FreeRTOS

Kewal
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to create a  new project very similar to lwip_ping_demo_freertos. I understand that IAR does not allow moving the project files between folders so I have to get the project file to the above folder which is buried deep. I am using the same source code which came as example with the same project settings. I am able to build as well. But when i am trying to run the application, it gets stuck at bus fault handler(attached are snapshots when i step through). What have i got wrong? Is there a batch file or something to create for these kind of projects, Am i missing to link something.

Has it got to do with LwIP stack , but whats intriguing is the example project runs with the same source code in the same location so my point was that I am missing something in IAR project options, Apparently I went through IAR finding that there is no change. so I wanted to know how were the example projects created for IAR which works.

attached snapshots to show where I am getting stuck.

68531_68531.JPGCapture.JPG

68532_68532.JPGCapture2.JPG

also, The example folder is just amazing, Freescale would not have spent time creating so many projects for the n number of processor, 5 different compilers and for all the projects manually. How was it even created?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kewal,

I made this process but with KDS, not IAR. You may find this document useful. How to Add lwIP to KDS3.0 Project

You may follow equivalent steps in IAR. For the preprocessor, compiler and linker settings you may compare your project with lwip_ping_demo_freertos project.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Kewal
Contributor IV

Carlos,

Apparently, I made the same project settings as the demo project comes with but still dint succeed in achieving the change in folder location.

there is some dependency on the .ewd debugger settings file which actually puts me into busfault handler. changing the location of that doesnt turn out to be good.

At this moment actually I was trying to get the kds example workspace to link with the board configuration file any idea on that? While trying to import the PEB file to KDS workspace it says its not a  processor expert project. so how as it basically generated and subset of those files included...

Thanks,

Kewal

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kewal,

I had similar problem with KDS. As you may see in the document I sent my approach was to make a copy of the example project and remove all the source files to add my own files. But I dont know how to create a copy of an IAR project.

Regarding to the KDS project, you dont need to import the .peb file. To import a project to the workspace just go to menu File > Import > General > existing project into workspace and search for the folder of the project you want to import. Please note that .project file must be inside that folder.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos