How to use TWR-K60D100M board for K20_100 chip?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TWR-K60D100M board for K20_100 chip?

Jump to solution
maximkhomutov
Contributor I

I see from TWR-K60D100M board manual that this board is for K10_100, K20_100 and K60_100 chips.

But board contain MK60DN512VMD10 chip. I need develop soft for K20_100. How can I use this board

for my chip?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maxim Khomutov:

The software you develop and test with the TWR-K60D100M (using MK60DN512VMD10) should be entirely compatible with your K20_100 MHz device, as long as you pay attention to some conditions:

-> Do not implement any code for peripherals not present on K20 (e.g. CAN or ETHERNET code), or using more instances of the same kind of peripheral than those available on your device. If you create a project for K20, which uses the K20 header file (register mapping) then the compiler will even throw errors if you try to use unimplemented features.

-> Consider the memory sizes and boundaries. K60DN512xxx10 is a superset device with the largest Flash and RAM memories in the K60_100 MHz family, but yours may have less memory. A typical approach is to use the linker file of your actual K20 device. The procedure depends on the IDE (KDS, IAR, Keil, etc..).

-> If your K20 has FlexMemory (with X in the part number, e.g. K20DX256) then the TWR-K60D100M is not suitable to try that functionality. For that case you would need to use a TWR-K40D100M board, which has a MK40DX256.

-> Check the package of your K20 and make sure not to use nonexistent pins on your code.

I hope this helps. If you have doubts please let me know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maxim Khomutov:

The software you develop and test with the TWR-K60D100M (using MK60DN512VMD10) should be entirely compatible with your K20_100 MHz device, as long as you pay attention to some conditions:

-> Do not implement any code for peripherals not present on K20 (e.g. CAN or ETHERNET code), or using more instances of the same kind of peripheral than those available on your device. If you create a project for K20, which uses the K20 header file (register mapping) then the compiler will even throw errors if you try to use unimplemented features.

-> Consider the memory sizes and boundaries. K60DN512xxx10 is a superset device with the largest Flash and RAM memories in the K60_100 MHz family, but yours may have less memory. A typical approach is to use the linker file of your actual K20 device. The procedure depends on the IDE (KDS, IAR, Keil, etc..).

-> If your K20 has FlexMemory (with X in the part number, e.g. K20DX256) then the TWR-K60D100M is not suitable to try that functionality. For that case you would need to use a TWR-K40D100M board, which has a MK40DX256.

-> Check the package of your K20 and make sure not to use nonexistent pins on your code.

I hope this helps. If you have doubts please let me know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos