I'm attempting to broadcast a stream over UDP with Gstreamer on an iMX6 board (IMX6Q). When I do unicast it works great, but as soon as I try to do it towards a UDP broadcast address the video gets choppy and the board unresponsive. I've tried a similar pipeline from a laptop and don't have issues.
In order to reproduce this problem:
1. On the iMX6 board, run the following pipeline:
gst-launch imxv4l2src capture-mode=0 ! vpuenc codec=6 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=255.255.255.255 port=5000
2. On the receiving end, run the following pipeline:
gst-launch udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! xvimagesink
- I've tested both with ethernet and wifi and had similar issues
- Same issue with local net broadcast (255.255.255.255) and 192.168.5.255
- I'm running with a Yocto Dizzy with kernel 3.14.28
Is there an issue with UDP broadcast at the iMX level ?
Any configuration settings or kernel options I'm missing ?
Thank you !