cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS has forgotten my KSDK path?

Jump to solution
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Recently, when I start a new Kinetis project and get to the Rapid Application Development page, it seems KDS has forgotten my KSDK path.

Instead of knowing that I have v1.2.0 installed, it shows me this. . .

67708_67708.pngpastedImage_0.png

Then I have to explicitly browse to the actual location.

How can I remind KDS where my KSDK is located?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Audi,

can you post the screenshot of the Eclipse - Preference - Update sites? Is the KSDK update ZIP registered there, or not? If yes, is the path valid? The NPW looks here to see all KSDKs installed.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

what is the content of your KSDK environment variable?

And do you have the SDK v1.2 installed in

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0

?

It checks for that path, and if there is a ksdk_manifest.xml file there.

Erich

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure where to look for the environment variable; but, the SDK v1.2 is installed in C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0

I do see a ksdk_manifest.xml file there.  I'm not sure what might have changed.  I didn't have to give KDS the path in the past.

- Audi

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Audi,

the Kinetis SDK v1.1 (previous version) used to have/define an environment variable KSDK_PATH. SDK v1.2 should not need that.

Just to check: do you have the C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update.zip installed (Help > Install new software, then 'what is already installed')?

pastedImage_0.png

I get the same effect as you are showing if I remove the ksdk_manifest.xml inside c:\freescale\KSDK_1.2.0. Maybe it is corrupted on your end. I have attached my file as a reference.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Hey Eric,

I verified that I have the KSDK 1.2.0 Eclipse Update installed (it's the same version as shown in your screenshot).

I don't see a file attached to your post.  I know Freescale has been having lots of difficulty with spam recently.  Maybe their server stripped it as potentially dangerous content?

I was going to attach my file with the extension renamed; but, I don't even see an option to do that!  I know I've done it in the past.

So, here's the first few lines of my file. . .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ksdk:manifest format_version="1.2" xmlns:ksdk="http://freescale.com/ksdk/1.2/ksdk_manifest.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://freescale.com/ksdk/1.2/ksdk_manifest.xsd http://freescale.com/ksdk/1.2/ksdk_manifest.xsd">

<!--This file is designed to identify Kinetis SDK release. It was generated by Doxy2Component.-->

<ksdk id="KSDK120" name="KSDK 1.2.0" version="1.2.0"/>

<api version="1.2.0"/>

<compilers>

<compiler name="arm"/>

<compiler name="gcc"/>

<compiler name="iar"/>

</compilers>

<toolchains>

. . .and I do see the "</ksdk:manifest>" closing tag at the end.  So the file looks like it's intact.  I don't know that all of the content is valid, but at least the file isn't corrupt.

I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall.  My system is running, it's just a minor inconvenience while creating a new project. . .

Unless, of course, this could mean that there are other problems I am unaware of?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Audi,

I still see the attachment:

https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/559580-305191/ksdk_manifest.xml.zip

But I don't think that this is your issue, as the beginning of your XML file looks ok.

So I'm not sure why it does not show up in the drop box of your machine. I have asked around if anyone has an idea, but not received an answer yet.

Erich

audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Super weird!

I do see the attachment in your second post, but still not in the first.

In any case, I did a file compare -- our files are identical.

Hopefully someone will come up with another idea to try; but if not, thanks for all of your help anyway!

- Audi

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Audi,

can you post the screenshot of the Eclipse - Preference - Update sites? Is the KSDK update ZIP registered there, or not? If yes, is the path valid? The NPW looks here to see all KSDKs installed.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Libor!  You got it.

My ZIP file was there; but it had been disabled.

pastedImage_0.png

I checked the box, restarted KDS, and it's fixed!

When I created a new project the RAD dialog automatically selected KSDK 1.2 with the correct path.

Erich, Libor, thank you both so much!

- Audi

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

or, you can try to reinstall.

1. uninstall KDS and ksdk

2. install  KDS3.0 first

3. then install KSDK

make sure you have admin right of windows

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos