Want to change the processor in a CW 10.6 project from KL25Z to KL27Z but CW10.6 does not offer it as a supported processor.  What's the solution to this please (Freescale don't seem yo know!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change the processor in a CW 10.6 project from KL25Z to KL27Z but CW10.6 does not offer it as a supported processor.  What's the solution to this please (Freescale don't seem yo know!)

kenwood
Contributor I

Am using CW10.6 - have a project on a KL25Z.  We want to change to a KL27Z but CW10.6 doesn't include it in the list of supported processors.  Freescale tech support don't know how to fix this so I'm asking if anybody out there knows.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi.

CW10.6 is in maintenance mode. the new device such as KL27 is not supported.

please use KDS3.0 instead. this version is free of charge.

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kenwood
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

I've installed KDS 3.0.0 as recommended and imported/converted the CW project.  When I go to select a target processor it gives me exactly the same options as before - nothing has changed! I could choose KL24Z, KL25Z or KL26Z, just like I could in CW, BUT KL27Z IS NOT THERE!!!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please make sure you install KSDK1.2 update.

on my side KL27 is in the list with KSDK1.2 update installed. actually i recommend you install all update one by one after install KDS3.0

see attached video.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos