So here's where I am at:
I have a FRDM-KL25Z board. I went through all the quick guide instructions without issue. I was able to upload the flash program in bootloader. After unplugging and re-inserting the USB cable, the proper FRDM-KL25Z MSD (since I wasn't holding the reset button to get into bootloader) came up and i was able to copy/paste and run the various pre-compiled programs from the 'quick start package.'
** running windows 7 sp1
Here's where I have run into problems:
I was rushing (enough said?) I THINK (though I'm not sure) I flashed the bootloader with a debug .sda from PEMicro website. It may or may not have been for the proper chip, IDK.
Here's what I am seeing:
When i plug in the usb cable (no reset button held,):
1) the RGB led on the dev board blinks RED
The last program that was flashed to the chip was the uart19200 example. it too had the RGB flash red and at the same freq.
(is the program running on the kl25z? unable to monitor over serial port)
2) the green led for the openSDA chip does not blink at all; it is just off
3) I do NOT get any MSD drive to show up and no serial port in Device Manager either
When I hold the reset button when plugging in the USB:
1) if I continue to hold, the greel led for the openSDA chip will start to flash (500ms on/off) even before I release the reset button. (no change in behavior if i release the reset button before the green led starts to blink.)
2) when I release the reset button, the green light continues the 500ms on/off toggle and the RGB led performs as noted above.
3) I DO get the bootloader MSD.
However, when I try to copy/paste the MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v105.SDA (or openSDA application any from the 'quick start package') the green led for the openSDA repeats flashing 8 quick times with a 2 sec delay, indicating an error has occurred. Unable to overcome this.
Any solution or insight into what happened would be awesome. But really I just want to get back to the original, our-of-the-box programming so i can start over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.