5329EVB, new LTIB and 3 serial ports - USB problems?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5329EVB, new LTIB and 3 serial ports - USB problems?

jpa
Contributor IV
When I boot the 5329EVB with the latest LTIB, I notice that all three UARTS are recognized.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but when I tried enabling that third port (ages ago), I found that one of the third port UART signals (TX or RX) was also being used to control something on the USB port, and so USB operation became unreliable.  USB worked sometimes on one EVB, but not on another.  As I recall, the problem went all the way back to the SOM module, so there was little hope of fixing it if I wanted to use the SOM. 

Did someone find a way around the problem?  Or could someone at Freescale have made the same mistake I did, and that's why I'm having USB problems again?

John
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jpa
Contributor IV
I went back through my notes from the time I was working on the third UART...I was trying to enable the third port while keeping CAN and USB capabilities.  I wasn't able to get that working because one of the pins - mapped to MFP09 - is used as an OE for a buffer on the SOM. 

It's possible the third port is being mapped through the CANRX/TX multifunction pins.

Still trying to get my USB flash stick recognized. 

John
0 Kudos