cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E Micro USB Multilink problem with MC908QG8

paul_1951
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a rev. C USB Multilink. P/N is USB-ML-12E. We have been using it several years successfully with a custom designed eval board that has a MC908QG4 part. It has wire wrap headers and a 3 volt regulator on  board. Recently I changed the part to a MC908QG8. With the latest version of CodeWarrior open when I connect the 2x3 connector from the Multilink the blue LED is on but the yellow flashes on for a half second and goes out. When I try to flash the part CodeWarrior says there is a connection error. I have changed the QG8 part several several times and the yellow LED never stay on solid. I have verified 3 volts on the BDM connector on the board. We are right in the middle of a project and urgently need help.

Thanks,

Paul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

I would highly suggest checking the BDM circuit on your target board.

The attached is the schematic of DEMO9S08QG8, to be frank, even only connect pin 1,2,4,6 to the target MCU (MC9S08QG8), both LEDs on USB-Multilink should light and the application can also be programmed!

0 Kudos

paul_1951
Contributor I

Hi Yong,

This was a custom demo board I designed. I have come to the conclusion the parts are bad and are getting them replaced.

Thanks for your response.

Paul

0 Kudos