What's the best way to build a ubuntu image (from source)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to build a ubuntu image (from source)?

EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I've been working with Wandboard, recently just using their prebuilt ubuntu image for a small audio/video application I'm working on.

Thus far I've used Wandcam, and it just works.  Now I need to hook up different camera, so now I need source.

I've tried several approaches...

I walked through Robert Nelson's excellent set of steps here​ but it doesn't appear to include the drivers/media/platform/mxc/* code in the kernel tree it uses.

I've also built/used the yocto-based platform, but for reasons beyond the scope of this text, I need ubuntu.

The SDK stuff at wandboard.org is apparently from May of 2014, so I'd like to start with something a bit more up-to-date; besides, that SDK doesn't mention anything about ROOTFS,.

I've built the http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/snapshot/rel_imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga.tar.gz

with imx_v7_defconfig, but that's not wandboard specific.  I tried pulling in the wandboard_defconfig from

their github, but that build fails.

A while back I did a custom iMX6 board using Buildroot; however that too (AFAIK) does not help with ubuntu.

Any thoughts here would be helpful.

Ed

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ed Surrer,

Here you are using the Wandboard, which is designed by the third company. The BSP and Demo imgages in freescale website is default for the freescale board. So you can porting the BSP to your board or contact the Wandboard for help. They must release the related BSP to their board.

Hope this can help you

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos