Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions of PL310 internal access request

Jump to solution
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all

I'm using i.MX6Solo and have a question about ERR005198.

I can't understand the conditions of PL310 internal access request.

According to the errata, there are following description.

I understand the information will be sampled when PL310 requested.

This information is associated with each individual RAM access, and is only meant to be sampled

by the PL310 internal access requestor at precise cycles, depending on the programmable latencies

of the accessed RAM.

What situation will make the PL310 internal access request ?

Ko-hey

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is so-called Internal instruction and data prefetch engine within the L2 cache controller that periodically generates internal accesses to the L2 cache RAM. For more information, please refer to the corresponding ARM document:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0246h/DDI0246H_l2c310_r3p3_trm.pdf

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is so-called Internal instruction and data prefetch engine within the L2 cache controller that periodically generates internal accesses to the L2 cache RAM. For more information, please refer to the corresponding ARM document:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0246h/DDI0246H_l2c310_r3p3_trm.pdf

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi Artur

Thank you for reply.

Do you mean that there are no particular conditions that PL310 internal access are requested ?

ko-hey

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The details of the internal prefetch engine operation are described in the document I' ve pointed to you laast time.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos