cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS, KSDK and MQX

piotrfyda
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I'm just starting with the Kinetis stuff  (K60, TWR-K60D100M)...

I've installed (windows7, 64b):

- KDS3.0.0 + KSDK 1.2.0 Eclipse update

- KSDK 1.2.0

- MQX_KSDK_1.0.0  ("Freescale_MQX_KSDK_1.0.0-Beta.exe" )

Import of "TWR-K60D100M_Quick_Start_Demo" results of course in many "path not found" warnings, as it it a CW-Project.

There are a lot of references to "C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0".

Do I need to install also  "Freescale MQX RTOS 4.2.0.exe"  or  "MQX_KSDK_1.0.0"  is enough ?

I do not find any info about  what shall be used with KDS3.0.0:

MQX RTOS 4.2.0    or / and   MQX_KSDK_1.0.0

(or I do not know where to look for....)

best regards

Piotr

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

MQX™ Software Solutions are available in three variants to meet your embedded design needs: traditional MQX RTOS; MQX Lite; and MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK.

The TWR-K60D100M_Quick_Start_Demo was developed using traditional MQX RTOS version 4.0 with both CodeWarrior MCU 10.4 and IAR 6.50.6. So you need to install traditional MQX in order build and debug this example.

If you want to use KDS + traditional MQX, you need to install MQX 4.2. After install MQX you can find examples at the paths:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\demo

In order to create a new MQX project, please check the below link:  https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-106217

If you want to use KDS + MQX for KSDK you can find some examples at the path:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\rtos\mqx\mqx\examples

In order to create a new MQX for KSDK project, please check the below link:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-106217

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos