Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional LDO in i.MX6QSDP schematic

Jump to solution
torus1000
Contributor V

Dear chip experts,

According to the SPF-27392_C4.pdf schematics, I tried to replace VGEN5 supply with optional LDO.

This LDO meets the additional current requirement but I worry about the startup timing.

- Is there any timing restrictions for LDO startup like VGEN5 startup sequece?
- If yes, in order to meet the timing, is it OK to input VGEN5 to the LDO pin5(SHDN*) instead of SYS_4V2?
- Does this option circuit already comfirmed and it worked if  R32(0 ohrm) mounted ?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

opt_ldo.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello !

You may use the Optional LDO solution to supply both VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN

of the i.MX6. On the scheme only VDD_SNVS_IN is provided by the LDO,  “the optional LDO U9

shown on this page could be reconfigured to supply both VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN”.
In such case there are no power sequence violation, assuming VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN

turned on first.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello !

You may use the Optional LDO solution to supply both VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN

of the i.MX6. On the scheme only VDD_SNVS_IN is provided by the LDO,  “the optional LDO U9

shown on this page could be reconfigured to supply both VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN”.
In such case there are no power sequence violation, assuming VDDHIGH_IN and VDD_SNVS_IN

turned on first.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos