cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different TPM clock source in SIM device

mike7
Contributor I

Hello All,

I am hoping someone has seen this error and can point me to the solution.  I am new to both Kinetis (and Arm) as well as Processor Expert (PE).

I am using the MKL27Z256VFT4 part, which has 3 TPM units on it.  When I have two TPM units confiured with the KDSK 1.2.0/fsl_tpm I only get a compiler warning (as follows)

Warning: Frequency value should not be 0 Hz. (Frequency) (I get one for each TPM) but they seem to work as desired.

When I add the last TPM unit (I added them in the order TPM0, TPM2 and then TPM1) I get the following error:

ERROR: It's illegal to set different TPM clock source in SIM device by components TPM0, TPM1. The clock source setting in SIM device is shared for all TPM instances.

This also adds another warning like above.

When I look at each of the TPM units in PE for clock source it shows Clock Source MCGIRCLK 8MHz.

All of them are set to use clockMan1 and in that I have set the TPM clock selection to disabled.  This gets rid of the error

Warning: The TPM clock source is overwritten by the fsl_tpm component(s).

I have tried googling the error but have had no success.

I am running:

win 8.1

KDS                                              Version  3.0.0

KSDK 1.2.0 Eclipse Update          Version  1.0.0.b150420

Processor Expert for Kinetis          Version 3.0.0.RT7_b1515-0427

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Tags (3)
2 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

This is known issue that has been already fixed in the upcoming release of the KSDK 1.3.0. The release should be published in a few weeks.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

mike7
Contributor I

Thanks for letting me know Marek.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Regards,

Mike Warrem

0 Kudos