cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio debug problem - UART

darnaiadam
Contributor III

Hy all,

I'm in a big trouble with KDS, and i don't know, how to solve it. The problem is that I wrote a program that communicate with multiple devices on MODBUS, and I can't monitoring the processes with the breakpoints. If I build my own program first, it works without any failure. After that, when I open an other project and than build and run it, it won't be able to work, and if I turn back to my first project, it won't be, too. My program doesn't receive any data from the devices, so if I put a breakpoint to the OnReceiveBlock function, nothing happens.  In practice, I can measure the output pin with a scope, and I have to push the reset button a lot to make my project OK.

Maybe this message helps, but I don't know, what does it mean:

No source available for "(gdb[2].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[2].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

Sometimes, after a build it says: "No source for 0x"address""

I really don't know, if my settings are good, but I have an old project, that uses the similar peripherals, and it's working with no problem.

I'm using a P&E Multilink Universal external debugger.(without that, the result is the same).

Can you help me to figur out, what am I doing wrong, ot what's the matter?

Kinetis version number: 2.0.0

Operating System: Ubuntu Linux

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KDS v2.0.0 is pretty old. Can you use v3.0.0 (no need to uninstall v2.0.0, just install v3.0.0 into a different folder).

Because v3.0.0 comes with a new gdb, so most likely your problem will go away.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

giorgiocolazzo
Contributor I

Hy all,

I have developed a Processor Expert project with CW 10.6 on MK20DX256VLL10 microprocessor but with that program I have encountered problems with Flashing on my board. So I have transfered my project on KDS v3.0.0 and after many corrections with  import I had same Adams' problem .

I used GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging as Debugger Configuration.

Can you help me to figure out, what am I doing wrong or some way to come over this GDB bug?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

0 Kudos