cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k70FN1M0 can't flash, MCU locked

brettnicholas
Contributor I

Hi Freescale,

I am developing a large firmware project, using a K70FN1M0 running MQX 4.0 and developing with CW 10.5.

I have always been able to build, flash, and debug successfully. However, today I tried to flash the MCU via PE-micro USB-multi-link connection (as I always have), and got the notification "Warning device is secure. Erase to unsecure? ". I clicked Yes to continue with the process, and immediately lost connection with the processor, as if I had unplugged it. The processor is getting power, and the USB-multi-link connector recognizes the hardware connection (yellow LED on), however CW can't seem to connect to the device (see image).

Please help! Has anyone ran across this issue before?

Best,

Brett

63414_63414.PNGCapture1.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brett,

- Please restart the CW , and reconnect your board , then test ;

- And if it still can not connect, please create a mew simple project on a new CW workspace , then debug it ,check whether can work well .

If this simple project still can not work well ,please tell me your board is demo board from freescale or made by yourself ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

brettnicholas
Contributor I

Alice, I have done all of the above to no avail. Is there any type of hardware reset on the K70?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

here is the solution of how to solve device secure problem.

Freedom board - "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?"

kl04 is secured

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

brettnicholas
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I have tried all of this multiple times. The board is on a PCB of our own creation. However, I don’t think this is a board issue, as I have been able to flash many times before.

Brett

0 Kudos