cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND firmware compilation

Jump to solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Is there any available reference software (MQX or bare board), showing how to compile it for booting from NAND FLASH? The MfgTool for Vybrid features led_sample.bin, which executes well, but I'm not able to compile any custom SW which would run. I explored the Image Vector Table (IVT) of multiple Vybrid A5 MQX programs, compiled under IAR for both IntRam and DDR configurations, and they are all totally different from the expected format, described in chapter 19.6 of the Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev. 7, 06/2014. I tried to modify the .icf file, but without success. (ICF file format description might be useful.)

Just to be clear - I'm able to upload u-boot via MfgTool and flash the binary into the NAND flash, but I'm not able to compile working custom firmware binary.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

An example that may help as reference is the mqx\examples\bootloader_vybrid_qspixip.

That example contains an IVT and a QSPI flash configuration that you have to get rid of it.

That way you can just modify the IVT structure.

/Alejandro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have not tried that out yet. But after skimming through the sources and taking a look at the led binary sample I noticed the following:

The led binary you mention, contains the IVT already with the 0x400 offset. As far as I see the MQX binaries lack of the IVT, therefore you have to add the IVT with the offset.

/Alejandro

kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for your reply. I'm aware of the offset and some other required characteristics of the IVT. I don't know how to achieve it with an MQX app, though, nor I managed to build a bare board project that way, yet. Any reference source code would be pretty much of use.

Petr

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

An example that may help as reference is the mqx\examples\bootloader_vybrid_qspixip.

That example contains an IVT and a QSPI flash configuration that you have to get rid of it.

That way you can just modify the IVT structure.

/Alejandro

0 Kudos
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Great, that looks promising. Thank you, Alejandro.

Petr

0 Kudos