Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX28 LRADC

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Team,

I would like to ask about LRADC of i.MX28.

From the description in i.MX28 datasheet, the power source of LRADC seems to be VDDA. Right?

And the datasheet says that the maximum voltage of LDRADC is 1.85V.

(1)

Is it possible for LRADC to operate correctly for 1.85V input to LRADC, in the situation that VDDA is lower than 1.85V?

(2)

The reference voltage, the internal Bandgap reference, for the ADC is always 1.85V?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. From the description in i.MX28 datasheet, the power source of LRADC seems to be VDDA. Right?

A. No, this is not right. The supply voltage for LRADC is fed directly from the Power Supply module, it is derived from either Battery or V4P2 voltage by a linear regulator.

Q. Is it possible for LRADC to operate correctly for 1.85V input to LRADC, in the situation that VDDA is lower than 1.85V?

A. As told before, VDDA does not affect the LRADC operation. So, the answer is: yes, it is possible for LRADC to operate correctly for 1.85V input to LRADC, in the situation that VDDA is lower than 1.85V.

Q. The reference voltage, the internal Bandgap reference, for the ADC is always 1.85V?

A. Yes.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. From the description in i.MX28 datasheet, the power source of LRADC seems to be VDDA. Right?

A. No, this is not right. The supply voltage for LRADC is fed directly from the Power Supply module, it is derived from either Battery or V4P2 voltage by a linear regulator.

Q. Is it possible for LRADC to operate correctly for 1.85V input to LRADC, in the situation that VDDA is lower than 1.85V?

A. As told before, VDDA does not affect the LRADC operation. So, the answer is: yes, it is possible for LRADC to operate correctly for 1.85V input to LRADC, in the situation that VDDA is lower than 1.85V.

Q. The reference voltage, the internal Bandgap reference, for the ADC is always 1.85V?

A. Yes.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos