MQX 4.2 BSP Cloning Wizard doesn't make the .reg and .xml files for using a cloned BSP in Codewarrior 10.6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2 BSP Cloning Wizard doesn't make the .reg and .xml files for using a cloned BSP in Codewarrior 10.6

louiemoye
Contributor III

Is this a bug or is there a different way to add a cloned/custom BSP to the Add Project Wizard in CW 10.6?  I used MQX 4.2 Cloning Wizard, cloned twrk70f120m BSP.  I've referenced document number MQXGSCLW Rev 05 10/2014

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Louie,

This is a known issue in the MQX 4.2 BSP cloning wizard and it has already been reported to the developers, you can find more information and a workaround for the problem on this post:

How to Add Cloned BSP to List in CodeWarrior New Project Wizard in MQX 4.2 OR How To Use Cloned BSP?

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

louiemoye
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.  I will give it a try.

0 Kudos

louiemoye
Contributor III

I  was able to get my BSP/PSP built, registry and XML files created, and my BSP available In CW10.6.  I can now select and create a new application based on my cloned BSP. However, I'm getting GCC C linker errors on the application - Here's 1/126:

error: C:/Freescale/Freescale_MQX_4_2/lib/MyProject.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/bsp.a(adc.o) uses VFP register arguments, MyProject.elf does not

I dug around a bit and found that the application project has different settings than the BSP and PSP.  Under Project/Properties, C/C++ Build, Target Processor, "Float ABI" was set to "NO PFU."  I changed to "FPU with hard vfp passing (-mfloat-abi=hard)," and "FPv4-SP-D16 (-mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16)."  I decidd to match these setting with the BSP/PSP projects based on another forum post I saw here.  While it resolved many of the linker errors, I still have 63 errors, and most look like this:

error: MyProject.elf uses VFP register arguments, C:/Freescale/CWMCUv106/MCU/ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/lib/armv7e-m/__arm_end.o does not

Again, this BSP/PSP was cloned using the Cloning Wizard from MQX 4.2, and the twrk70f120m was used as the original BSP.  My platform is close to the same configuration, I only needed to modify the system clock configuration.  I was successful doing this with MQX 4.1, and am able to import, compile the twrk70f120m  project, and create a new project based on it. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos