cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower baud rate required

Jump to solution
billnd
Contributor IV

I'm using a k10, with a core clock of 92Mhz, and using Uart0, which runs off the core clock. The lowest baud rate I can generate is ( 92,000,000 / 16 ) / SBR. SBR max is 8191, so the lowest baud rate supported is approx 700baud.

Without resorting to changing the core clock frequency, is there any way to make this lower? Some other hidden away divider somewhere perhaps? I don't have the option to change the clock, and want to avoid having to bit bang things.

I need to get it down to 300baud.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello billnd:

Unfortunately there are no extra dividers. You do not mention the K10 full part number, but depending on the part you could use a UART clocked by the bus clock and get the baudrate down to 350, since the bus is typically configured for half the core clock.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello billnd:

Unfortunately there are no extra dividers. You do not mention the K10 full part number, but depending on the part you could use a UART clocked by the bus clock and get the baudrate down to 350, since the bus is typically configured for half the core clock.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!