Project Expert Code Generation Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Expert Code Generation Error

stevencornett
Contributor III

I recently upgrade Kinetis Design Studio to version 3.0.  I notice that after that, and even after running Kinetis Upgrade Assistant, I am getting the following error when attempting to generate code from Processor Expert.

"Generator FAILURE at line 1769:  Error in including "Drivers\Common\AsynchroMasterLoopMode.inc" from directory C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Repositories\Kinetis_Repository (File:  Drivers\Kinetis\AsychroSerial.drv)

62327_62327.pngrd_PE_Error.png

What is the cause of the error, and how do I repair or work around the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

stevencornett
Contributor III

I removed the library and re-created and regenerated it, and everything ran the way it should.  However, now I cannot get data from the receive buffer, and the blocksend function only transmits one character; the transmission interrupt event doesn't clear the user flag, which hangs up the response.

Why should regenerating the AsynchroSerial library with the same parameters break the serial port?

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry that with AsynchroSerial component in SKEAZN64MLH2 on KDS 3.0. I cannot reproduce this error. I tired to configure AsynchroSerial component with the same settings with you. Please see the screenshot.

screenshot.png

I attached the project, does the same error appear when generating code by PE?  If not, could you please attach your project? Thanks!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevencornett
Contributor III

When I removed the LoopMode code and regenerated with PE, the error code disappeared.  However, the receiver does not transfer data from the PC even though it is responding to receive requests (particularly TXBufferFull events).

The transmitter is only able to send one byte, and then stays in an error mode.  Apparently, the ASerialLDD library functions are not working.

This situation is not reversible, as attempting to bring back LoopMode causes the error to return.  This, in turn, prevents PE updated code from being generated, so whatever got screwed up in the environment stays irretrievably so.

This is the result I see on the scope.  I should generate 11 bytes of binary data.

TEK00010.png

When I looked at the results coming in on the _RecvBlock function, the were both 0.  The interrupt indicated that it received two bytes, which is what you see here, but couldn't transfer the byte values.

0 Kudos