How can I upgrade FreeRTOS 8.0.0 come with KSDK to FreeRTOS 8.2.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upgrade FreeRTOS 8.0.0 come with KSDK to FreeRTOS 8.2.1?

Jump to solution
yijunma
Contributor II

I set up a group of GPIO interrupt to do matrix keypad scan. When the ISR called, I call OSA_EventSet to signal the scan thread to do real scan.

But when I press the keypad quickly, the os kernel scheduler seems suspend all task that like the system hangup. So I replace all source code under [projectdir]\SDK\rtos\FreeRTOS\src with the latest FreeRTOS 8.2.1 source and leave the  [projectdir]\SDK\rtos\FreeRTOS\port\gcc as original KSDK copied and so as freertos_config.h. Then the problem gone...

Is it the right way to upgrade the freertos version?

UPDATE: Sorry, I am wrong, the problem remained....the running tasks stopped.

消息编辑者为:yijun ma

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems to me that you have nested interrupts running, and you might face the problem of a stack overflow. I recommend that you increase the task stack size (configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE).

The other thing I can point to: as you are using RTOS API calls from an interrupt service routine: have you configured configLIBRARY_MAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY according to your interrupt levels? See RTOS for ARM Cortex-M

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems to me that you have nested interrupts running, and you might face the problem of a stack overflow. I recommend that you increase the task stack size (configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE).

The other thing I can point to: as you are using RTOS API calls from an interrupt service routine: have you configured configLIBRARY_MAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY according to your interrupt levels? See RTOS for ARM Cortex-M

I hope this helps,

Erich

yijunma
Contributor II

Thank you Erich,

I will check these.

0 Kudos