AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not able to run MQX application binary from SD card on Vybrid pcm052 board

Question asked by Swapnil V on Aug 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2015 by alejandrolozano

Hi,

I have MQX 4.0.1 installed on my windows 7 machine. I am using IAR Embedded workbench as IDE on windows 7.

I was able to run the sample pingpong application given for MCC demonstration for "twrvf65gs10" tower board on Vybrid pcm052 board.

I could run the sample application on pcm052 development board by flashing the code using IAR with jlink debugger using JTAG.

But when I copy the application binary file "pingpong_example_twrvf65gs10_m4.bin" to the SD card that comes with linux installed on it and try to run it using "modprobe mcc" and "mqxboot /home/pingpong_example_twrvf65gs10_m4.bin 0x3f000000 0x3f000485" commands mentioned in vybrid Quick start guide ; the sample application doesn't run.

I have MQX 4.0.2 installed on Ubuntu 14 and I was able to build the sample pingpong application for" twrvf65gs10" using DS-5 IDE on ubuntu.

When I copy this application binary file "pingpong_example_twrvf65gs10_m4.bin" built using DS-5 in ubuntu enviornment to the SD card; and then use "modprobe mcc" and "mqxboot /home/pingpong_example_twrvf65gs10_m4.bin 0x3f000000 0x3f000485" ; the application runs on SD card.

What could be the problem when running the binary file on SD card  that was generated using IAR on windows 7 having MQX 4.0.1?

When the application binary is generated from DS-5 on Ubuntu 14; the application runs on SD card.

Kindly let me know how I can run the application on SDcard  that was built using IAR on windows 7.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Outcomes