Example of adc16 with hardware trigger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of adc16 with hardware trigger

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I would like like to use a hardware input to trigger an ADC conversion. As I understand the manual, this could be either through the PDB or directly with the ADHWT input, but I'm not able to make the full connection.

My design has a front end with a peak detector that gives a rising edge when the peak is found. I know I could use that edge as an interrupt to generate a software trigger and achieve the same result. But, if possible, I'd like the hardware to initiate that process and thus save the interrupt latency time.

Is there an example that would show me the way?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

Which chip do you use ?

For example the frdmk64, you can find the adc_hw_trigger demo here :

...\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps , under it , there have the PDB trigger ADC demo code .

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the pointer. I am using the FRDM-K22F and see that there a corresponding example there. I'll look into it.

Dave

0 Kudos